WE NEED THE APPLICANT TO HAVE:
Outgoing personality, exceptional customer service skills, valid driver’s license with “M” (motorcycle) certification, one to five (1-5) years’ sales experience and able to push motorcycles around the dealership.
WE HAVE A VERY AGGRESSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
COMPETITIVE WAGES WITH COMMISSION, 401(K), PAID VACATIONS, MEDICAL INSURANCE, PROFIT SHARING & MORE!
Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current proactive advantages/benefits sales techniques.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, general manager and owner(s).
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Maintain an enthusiastic front, no matter what the circumstances.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- High energy level.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- Do not pre-qualify customers. Ensure they are properly qualified based on their needs, wants and ability to buy.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Do what you say you are going to do! Follow Through!
- Be an ambassador for the dealership and the Harley-Davidson Brand.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them. Stay current on motorcycle trends and selling features.
- Understand the competition; having knowledge of other brands will help to sell the advantages & benefits of our product.
- Remain current with all Sales Department training available by completing classes on HDU and attending webinars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Attain new and used sales quotas as agreed upon with the sales manager.
- Maintain profit margin objective for all vehicle sales.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Guide every customer through the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process.
- Greet and Log every prospect who wants to buy a bike (whether today or in the next 3 years).
- Obtain customers name, contact information whether phone or email.
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales.
- Ask your customer probing questions, find out their wants, needs and desires.
- Present the features of products to customers along with their benefits.
- Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
- Encourage every customer to sit on the motorcycle.
- Participate in Test Rides with customers.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified by their needs, wants, and desires.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Practice an advantage/benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Implement the Customer path with every major unit sale.
- 100% Turnover to Finance & Insurance in the Customer Path.
- Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which connects the customer to the dealership
- Enter prospects into CRM System on a daily basis.
- Update CRM System when the customer moves to a new phase in the CUSTOM sales process.
- Schedule & maintain all sales activities (appointments, test rides, etc).
- Contact customers using mailing lists and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, Riders Edge Graduates, Rentals, etc.).
- Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, F&I products, Warranties & service contracts etc. with all new and used vehicles.
- Maintain a clean showroom floor, wipe down motorcycles, etc.
- Conduct a road test, and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 930 lb. motorcycle.
- Spend the majority of the day on your feet.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.